Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook

468x60 Ads

Robin Roberts -- I've Been Diagnosed with MDS ... but I'm Going to BeatIt!!

"Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts has announced she was just diagnosed with a serious blood and bone marrow disease ... but says she's determined to beat it. 51-year-old Roberts just released a statement saying, "Today, I want to let you know that I’ve been diagnosed with MDS or myelodysplastic syndrome. It's a disease of the blood and bone marrow and was once known as preleukemia."She explains, "As many of you know, 5 years ago I beat breast cancer. I’ve always been a fighter, and with all of your prayers and support, a winner. Sometimes the treatment for cancer can cause other serious medical problems.""My doctors tell me I'm going to beat this -- and I know it's true."Roberts says she will begin pre-treatment starting today -- chemotherapy in advance of a bone marrow transplant later this year. Roberts adds, "Bottom line: I’ve been living with this diagnosis for awhile and will continue to anchor GMA. I love what I do and the people with whom I do it. Along with my faith, family and friends, all of you at ABC News give me the motivation and energy to face this challenge."

0 comments:

Post a Comment